Moving towards with adopting the relations between technology, economics and environment, and rapidly developing technology in line with changing environmental approaches, the main principle of Koza Anadolu Metal Madencilik A.Ş., a subsidiary of Koza Ipek Holding is to ensure that all employees actively participate training and practices to protect environment and human health. By prioritizing a dynamic environment policy, one of our primary objectives is to select an appropriate technology, which will result in saving energy and preventing waste of natural resources as well as reducing and recycling waste, which will in turn provide added value to the country’s economy.
KOZA ANADOLU METAL MADENCİLİK is aware of that the responsible environmental management and superior environmental performance is integral to an efficient, durable and successful gold mining company. In all its activities, all possible risks are calculated and measures are taken and strategy of the works are identifed within this content.
Within this framework, all the matters outlined below are being considered.
- Comply with all applicable provisions of legal requirements in line with Environment procedures.
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system that identifies, assesses and effectively controls environmental risks to the business and community.
- Generate procedures related to the environment and implement those procedures in a transparent manner as to be audited by an independent organization.
- Save energy, water and natural resources by encouraging to use new technology and increases in efficiency
- Initiate regular audit and assessment programs and embrace recommendations or improvement by prompt follow-up action. Ensure to put these accepted improvements into the effect.
- Communicate openly about environmental risks, incidents or emergency situations, ideas for improvement, to enable effective decision making and action.
- Design, operate and decommission all facilities and associated infrastructure to avoid or mitigate adverse environmental impact, minimize associated long term financial liability and enhance social benefit by assessing environmental effects of mining activities.
- To provide/preserve efficiency of land’s original conditions while carrying out reclamation and rehabilitation works during and after the mining operations.
- Keep employees, contractors and suppliers be informed on Environment Policy and provide them necessary training, to ensure they are able manage their activities in accordance with this environmental policy
- Conduct studies on reducing, reusing and recovering of the wastes.